The objectives of ACMA
The objectives of the Association shall be to develop and promote the cultural and professional well-being of Chinese New Zealanders, and without limiting the generality of the foregoing shall include the following:
- To be beneficial to the community by serving as a voice on matters of medical or health concern affecting Chinese New Zealanders in health research and government policy making.
- To educate the general public and in particular the Chinese community of current and recurring health issues through conducting of free public seminars and radio talk shows.
- To be beneficial to the community by running a website providing medical information for free download and to provide a free directory of registered medical practitioners specifying the Chinese language abilities of the members of the Association.
- To advance education by supporting young registered doctors and medical students with developing and building their knowledge, skills and character through seminars, workshops, career evenings and activities.
- To make grants by way of scholarships medical students for academic excellence and achievements.
- To provide continuous education to its members through co-hosting international health conference and seminars on current medical issues so as to enhance the skills and knowledge of its members in advising and educating the public.
- To develop and provide a social and professional network for its members.
The full constitution of ACMA can be downloaded here.